PBSP Qualifications: Categories and Descriptions
When searching for Pesso Boyden therapy or supervision, please note that these categories represent the recognised levels of training and qualification.
- Completed Basic Introduction to PBSP: has completed an approved PBSP training for 1 year
- PBSP Trainee / Student: currently a student in the second or third year of an approved PBSP 3 year training
- PBSP Lay Practitioner*: those who work with people, are not qualified therapists and who have completed an approved PBSP 3 year training (e.g. teacher or social worker)
- PBSP Coach*: those who have a recognised coaching qualification and who have completed an approved PBSP 3 year training
- PBSP Psychotherapist (Pre-Accreditation): has a psychotherapeutic qualification (BACP or UKCP or equivalent) and has completed an approved PBSP 3 year training but not yet gone on to become accredited
- PBSP Accredited Psychotherapist: has a psychotherapeutic qualification (BACP or UKCP or equivalent) and has completed an approved PBSP 3 year training, and has successfully completed the PBSP Accreditation process (this equates to the USA and European PBSP Certified Therapist)
- PBSP Supervisor in Training: a PBSP Accredited psychotherapist, in training as a supervisor of PBSP therapists and students
- PBSP Supervisor (Pre-Accreditation): a PBSP trained supervisor who has not yet completed the Supervisor’s Accreditation process
- PBSP Accredited Supervisor: has completed the PBSP official supervisors training and evaluation
- PBSP Accredited Trainer: has completed all the above steps, and additionally completed an evaluation process to be recognised as an approved PBSP Trainer
* You must be a qualified psychotherapist (UKCP BACP or equivalent) in order to go through the certification process, following completion of the three year PBSP official training.